Dear PSO Patient,
Our community has been through a lot in the last year, and while many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: Pure Smiles Orthodontics’ commitment to your health and safety.
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, our office will follow recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure our infection control procedures are current, and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
The following changes have been made to protect you, your family, and our staff:
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask screening questions. (You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.)
- In order to limit the number of people in the office at one time, we will be using a virtual waiting room. When you arrive at the office for your appointment, please stay in your car and text the patient’s name to (512) 518-0217. When we are ready to seat the patient, we will text you back and the patient can then come into the office.
- We kindly request that patients enter the office by themselves when possible. In the case of younger children, a single parent may accompany the child. Anyone entering the office must wear a facemask.
- Each person’s temperature will be taken upon arrival.
- We ask that you use our hand sanitizer when you enter the office.
- To ensure your safety, we will no longer offer magazines, video games and beverages in the waiting room.
- We will no longer have a brushing station. Please make sure to brush and floss before your appointment.
- Only patients will be allowed in the office at this time to facilitate social distancing.
Prior to your arrival, we ask that you do the following:
- Within 24 hours prior to the appointment, please take the patient’s temperature at home.
- Please call and reschedule if you, your child, or anyone else who you’ve had recent close contact with have had any of the following:
- A fever (defined as above 100.4 degrees)
- A cough
- Shortness of breath and/or persistent pain, pressure, or tightness in the chest
- Close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19
- Please have the patient brush his/her teeth just prior to the appointment as our brushing station is closed.
We look forward to seeing you, and are happy to answer any questions about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Feel free to email us at [email protected]. For further updates visit our website www.puresmilesortho.com, and follow us on Facebook at Pure Smiles Orthodontics and Instagram @puresmilesortho.
We thank you in advance for your patience and we look forward to seeing you soon in our offices for your New Smile!
Dr. Gonzalez and the PSO Team